Associated Republicans of Texas and the Hispanic Voter Network announced they were targeting several Democrat-held House seats “in an effort to expand the map for Republicans in the Texas House.” The six districts are listed below with the general election results:
- HD31, won by Rep. Ryan Guillen (D-Rio Grande City), 58%-42%
- HD34, won by Rep. Abel Herrero (D-Robstown), 59%-41%
- HD37, won by Rep. Alex Dominguez (D-Brownsville), who was unopposed
- HD38, won by Rep. Eddie Lucio III (D-Brownsville), who was unopposed
- HD41, won by Rep. Bobby Guerra (D-Mission), 58%-42%; and
- HD74, won by Rep. Eddie Morales Jr. (D-Eagle Pass), 54%-46%.
Several of these districts shifted dramatically toward Republicans since 2016 by our principal measure of partisan lean, and they have been shifting red-ward for a while. We described this trend in detail in our pre-election analyses of these districts.
Subscribers can read the rest of this report.
©2021 Texas Election Source LLC