SD30 special: The National Rifle Assoc. Political Victory Fund endorsed Rep. Drew Springer (R-Muenster).
HD65: Rep. Michelle Beckley’s (D-Carrollton) campaign released a new ad, “No Bull,” focusing on the recently canceled contract the state had with a firm to do contact tracing.
Meanwhile, as noted below, the Texas Assoc. of Business PAC endorsed Republican challenger Kronda Thimesch.
TXBIZ endorsements: The Texas Assoc. of Business PAC released additional general election endorsements, most of whom were incumbents. The PAC endorsed these challengers and open-seat candidates:
- Jim Wright (R) for the open RRC seat (Lean Republican)
- Cody Vasut (R) in open HD25 (Safe Republican)
- Challenger Kronda Thimesch (R) over Rep. Michelle Beckley (D-Carrollton) in HD65 (Lean Democratic)
- Challenger Sharon Hirsch (D) over Rep. Matt Shaheen (R-Plano) in HD66 (Lean Democratic)
- Eddie Morales (D) in open HD74 (Lean Democratic)
- Former Rep. Mike Schofield (R-Katy) over Rep. Gina Calanni (D-Katy) in HD128 (Lean Democratic); and
- Lacey Hull (R) in open HD138 (Lean Democratic).
The PAC has previously endorsed challenger Carrie Isaac (R) over Rep. Erin Zwiener (D-Driftwood) in HD45 (Lean Democratic).
Harris County: The Texas Supreme Court issued a temporary injunction to prevent interim County Clerk Chris Hollins from sending mail ballot applications to all registered voters. Hollins has already said he would hold off on that plan until a pair of lawsuits on the matter are resolved.
©2020 Texas Election Source LLC