CD6 special: The Susan Wright (R) campaign released a list of endorsements demonstrating a wide level of support among elected officials and Republican precinct chairs and activists. Endorsers include:
- David Cook (R-Mansfield), Stephanie Klick (R-Fort Worth), Matt Krause (R-Fort Worth) and Tony Tinderholt (R-Arlington), and former Rep. Bill Zedler (R-Arlington)
- S. Reps. Jodey Arrington (R-Lubbock) and Lance Gooden (R-Terrell)
- Tarrant Co. Sheriff Bill Waybourn (R) and District Atty. Sharon Wilson (R)
- Ellis Co. Clerk Krystal Valdez (R) and Co. Comm. Paul Perry (R)
- Arlington Mayor Jeff Williams and council members Raul Gonzalez and Andrew Piel
- Corsicana council members Jeff Smith and Chris Woolsey
- Corsicana bakery owner and former HD8 candidate Thomas McNutt (R)
- 16 State Republican Executive Committee members and about two dozen local party leaders and precinct chairs; and
- Republican donors Darwin and Doug Deason.
At least 10 candidates have taken a formal step toward running to succeed the late U.S. Rep. Ron Wright (R-Arlington). The filing deadline is March 3.
Poetry Quatrain: Four Poetry residents have established state campaign committees in the past two weeks. Thomas Anderson, Brian Vinson, Steven Welsh and Simeon White all indicated they were seeking “other office” in their filings with the Texas Ethics Commission.
It turns out they are among 14 candidates in the newly incorporated municipality’s first-ever election, which is May 1. In November, Poetry’s residents voted, 76%-24%, to incorporate as a municipality. The town council will be comprised of a mayor and five council members elected at large.
Section 252.005, Election Code provides that candidates must file campaign treasurer appointments with the state commission if a municipal governing body “has not been formed” and the municipality is “situated in more than one county.” Poetry lies in Hunt and Kaufman Cos. about six miles north of Terrell.
©2021 Texas Election Source LLC