- SEN: Sen. Pat Fallon (R-Frisco) announced he would not challenge U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R) in the Republican primary.
- PRES: Former U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke’s campaign announced he raised $4.5M during the third quarter.
- CD11 open: Former Midland council member J.D. Faircloth announced for the seat.
- HD17: Rep. Kyle Kacal (R-College Station) announced he would seek re-election.
New campaign committees:
- CCA3: Elizabeth Frizell of Cedar Hill as a Democrat against Judge Bert Richardson (R).
- SD19: Freddy Ramirez of San Antonio against Sen. Pete Flores (R-Pleasanton).
- HD13/CD13: Kevin McInturff of Wichita Falls, filed for the district held today by Rep. Ben Leman (R-Shepherd) but likely actually running for CD13.
- HD94: Alisa Simmons of Arlington, likely as a Democrat against Rep. Tony Tinderholt (R-Arlington).
- HD119: Liz Campos of San Antonio, a former chief of staff to former Rep. Carlos Uresti (D-San Antonio), for the seat held by Rep. Roland Gutierrez (D-San Antonio), who is considering a rematch against Flores in SD19.
- State TBD: LaWyanda Prince of Mount Pleasant
- CD13 open: Vance Snider of Amarillo
- CD14: Karen Ben-Moyal of Galveston as an independent against U.S. Rep. Randy Weber (R-Pearland)
- CD24 open: Deanna Metzger of Bedford, a 2018 candidate for HD107, as a Republican, and Desi Maes of Dallas as a Republican
Note: Our Crib Sheets have not been updated with these candidates. We expect that will occur Tuesday or Wednesday.
- SD29 open: Former U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-El Paso) endorsed Rep. Cesar Blanco (D-El Paso).
- HD28 special: Emily’s List endorsed Eliz Markowitz.
- HD91: Gov. Greg Abbott (R) endorsed Rep. Stephanie Klick (R-Fort Worth).
©2019 Texas Election Source LLC