The Texas Association of Business’ BACPAC announced its primary endorsements. For the most part, the group endorsed Republican incumbents.
Challengers endorsed by the group include:
- SC3: Michael Massengale over Justice Debra Lehrmann
- HD55: Former Rep. Hugh Shine over Rep. Molly White
- HD92: Scott Fisher over Rep. Jonathan Stickland
- HD94: Andrew Piel over Rep. Tony Tinderholt, and
- HD115: Former Rep. Bennett Ratliff over Rep. Matt Rinaldi
Open-seat candidates endorsed by the group include:
- SD1: Rep. Bryan Hughes
- HD33: Justin Holland
- HD54: Scott Cosper
- HD64: Rick Hagen
- HD71: Stan Lambert, and
- HD130: Tom Oliverson
The group endorsed only five Democratic members of Congress: U.S. Reps. Joaquin Castro, Henry Cuellar, Gene Green, Marc Veasey and Filemon Vela. Sens. Jose Menendez and Carlos Uresti, both facing primary challengers, were the only Democrats in the Senate endorsed by the group. Six Democratic House members received endorsements.