We emailed this to our subscribers today:
Attached please find our latest update. Highlights include:
- Deuell decides against a recount.
- SD4 special runoff election will be Aug. 5.
- Davis proposes 10 dates for a RGV debate.
- Huffman defends Patrick.
- Cruz narrowly wins an early 2016 straw poll.
- NRA criticizes Texas “open carry” groups.
Also attached please find the first in our series of “Political Climate Entering the General Election” commentaries. This edition focuses on disadvantages statewide Democrats face in turnout and resources. If you would like any of the charts presented in these commentaries, please let us know. We are happy to share them with you for any presentations or other materials you produce.