The Texas Ethics Commission just updated its list of active campaign treasurer appointments. Among the new and updated CTAs:
- Former Rep. Allen Vaught (D-Dallas) lists Lt. Governor as office sought. His recent Facebook feed has been critical of Lt. Governor Dan Patrick. Vaught served two terms from 2007 to 2011.
- Miriam Martinez, who received 3% in the Republican primary for Governor in 2014, also lists Lt. Governor as office sought.
- Garland atheist activist Aron Ra filed a CTA for SD2 to challenge Sen. Bob Hall (R-Edgewood), likely as a Democrat.
- An individual named Glenn H. Williams, who may be an attorney with the Texas Dept. of Family and Protective Services, filed a CTA for SD5 to challenge Sen. Charles Schwertner (R-Georgetown).
- An individual named Eric Poole filed a CTA for HD102 to challenge Rep. Linda Koop (R-Dallas). An attorney and health care account manager named Eric Poole contributed to the Far North Dallas Democrats in November.
Filing a CTA does not necessarily mean that the individual will become a candidate, but they are often the earliest official indication that someone is contemplating a race. We will report on new CTAs as we become aware of them.