The filing deadline for a spot on the 2018 primary ballot has passed, but the candidate rosters are not yet finalized. The parties have until December 19 to submit their final certified candidate lists to the Secretary of State.
We corrected three mistakes in our Crib Sheets:
- HD36: We had shown Abraham Padron as having filed in the HD36 Democratic primary, but we have since been unable to confirm that information. We have changed his status to “not filed” pending the finalization of candidate rosters by the Hidalgo Co. and state Democratic Parties. This change also means that Rep. Sergio Muñoz Jr. (D-Palmview) has been moved off the list of incumbents with primary opponents.
- HD126: We accidentally had Kevin Fulton listed under HD125 in our Crib Sheets. He is running for HD126.
- CD6 open: A typo resulted in Thomas Dillingham being inadvertently left out of the group of the Republican candidates in the race.
We apologize for the errors.
Today was the deadline for a candidate who filed in a primary to withdraw. As with the filing deadline, we may not know every candidate who withdrew until next week. Two significant withdrawals were reported today:
- HD4 open: Marty Reid (R), leaving a three- or four-person primary depending on which race the twice filed Earl Brunner chooses
- ED12 open: Linda Parsel (D), leaving a three-person primary for the seat being vacated by board member Tincy Miller (R-Dallas).
From this point on, even if a candidate dies or withdraws, his or her name will remain on the primary ballot, pursuant to Section 172.057, Election Code.
Additional Filings Reported
The candidates listed below filed by Monday’s deadline, but those filings were not reported by the local or state parties until today.
Subscribers can read the rest of this report.
©2017 Texas Election Source LLC