Early Voting for the May 4 uniform election begins Monday.
SEN: At a press conference in the state Capitol today (Wednesday), U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-San Antonio) said his decision on whether to challenge U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R) would come “soon.” Castro pointed out that he did not announce his 2018 plans to seek re-election until the first of May.
CD24: Bedford neuroscientist John Biggan, who unsuccessfully sought the Democratic nomination in 2018 (22%), re-authorized his campaign committee for a second challenge of U.S. Rep. Kenny Marchant (R-Carrollton). Biggan is at least the sixth Democrat to take a formal step toward running in 2020.
Dallas: The Dallas Morning News endorsed incumbent D6 council member Omar Narvaez for re-election. It endorsed Adam Bazaldua over incumbent D7 council member Kevil Felder and former council members Sandra Crenshaw and Tiffinni Young. In open D9, the paper endorsed Paula Blackmon.
Fort Worth: The Fort Worth Star-Telegram endorsed:
- Incumbent Brian Byrd for re-election to D3
- Incumbent Cary Moon for re-election to D4
- Incumbent Gyna Bivens for re-election to D5
- Challenger Daryl Davis II over D6 council member Jungus Jordan
- Incumbent Dennis Shingleton for re-election to D7; and
- Challenger Chris Nettles over D8 council member Kelly Allen Gray.
The paper has not yet endorsed in the mayoral race. Council incumbents Carlos Flores (D2) and Ann Zadeh (D9) are unopposed for re-election.
San Antonio: The San Antonio Express-News endorsed incumbent D10 council member Clayton Perry.
©2019 Texas Election Source LLC