HD93: Arlington sociologist and author Lydia Bean established a campaign committee for a potential challenge of Rep. Matt Krause (R-Fort Worth) as a Democrat. Bean is the daughter of Nancy Bean, the Arlington school counselor who unsuccessfully challenged Krause in 2016 (39%) and 2018 (46%).
HD125 special: Early voting has concluded for Tuesday’s special election. A total of 3,354 people cast ballots in person, amounting to around 3.3% of registered voters. Bexar Co. does not release the number of ballot-by-mail votes until Election Day, so early/absentee turnout likely will exceed 4%.
Recent turnout in Bexar Co. special elections has been low:
- 9.4% – HD123 runoff (February 2015)
- 8.1% – HD123 special (January 2015)
- 7.4% – HD118 special (November 2015)
- 7.2% – SD19 runoff (September 2018) – Bexar Co. only
- 6.0% – SD26 runoff (February 2015)
- 4.8% – SD26 special (January 2015)
- 4.2% – SD19 special (July 2018) – Bexar Co. only
- 2.8% – HD124 runoff (April 2015)
- 2.3% – HD124 special (March 2015)
- 2.2% – HD120 special (May 2016)
- 1.3% – HD120 runoff (May 2016)
We’ll have live coverage beginning at 7 p.m. CST on Tuesday.
HD131: Houston resident Carey F. Lashley established a campaign committee for a potential challenge of Rep. Alma Allen (D-Houston). We were unable to identify the candidate conclusively.
Local Filing Deadline: Friday is the deadline for candidates to file for municipal, school board and other local offices on the May 4 uniform election ballot.
©2019 Texas Election Source LLC