BACPAC: The Texas Assoc. of Business BACPAC announced its general election endorsements. The group endorsed mostly Republicans and a few Democrats, including:
- Former Rep. Wayne Christian (R-Center) in the RRC race and all three incumbent Supreme Court justices
- All but two Senate incumbents (Sens. Sylvia Garcia and Jose Rodriguez) and the Republican candidates in the pair of Republican-held open seats
- All Republican incumbents (and open seat candidates for Republican-held seats) for Texas House seats except Reps. Matt Krause, Matt Rinaldi, Jonathan Stickland, Tony Tinderholt
- Six Democratic House incumbents and one open-seat candidate (Barbara Gervin-Hawkins); and
- 24 incumbent Republican U.S. representatives, including U.S. Rep. Will Hurd (R-San Antonio), and four incumbent Democratic members
The group did not endorse any candidates challenging an incumbent, and it previously said it would not endorse in the presidential race.
To access this post you need a TX Elects Subscription.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE ACCESS NEWS & ANALYSIS
FOR JUST $19.99 A MONTH OR $199.99 A YEAR