BACPAC: The Texas Assoc. of Business BACPAC announced its general election endorsements. The group endorsed mostly Republicans and a few Democrats, including:
- Former Rep. Wayne Christian (R-Center) in the RRC race and all three incumbent Supreme Court justices
- All but two Senate incumbents (Sens. Sylvia Garcia and Jose Rodriguez) and the Republican candidates in the pair of Republican-held open seats
- All Republican incumbents (and open seat candidates for Republican-held seats) for Texas House seats except Reps. Matt Krause, Matt Rinaldi, Jonathan Stickland, Tony Tinderholt
- Six Democratic House incumbents and one open-seat candidate (Barbara Gervin-Hawkins); and
- 24 incumbent Republican U.S. representatives, including U.S. Rep. Will Hurd (R-San Antonio), and four incumbent Democratic members
The group did not endorse any candidates challenging an incumbent, and it previously said it would not endorse in the presidential race.
RRC: The Houston Chronicle endorsed Libertarian Mark Miller.
CD23: The Pete Gallego campaign released a new ad, “Keeping Our Word,” featuring a pair of veterans thanking Gallego for his work on veterans’ health care issues.
Meanwhile, Gov. Greg Abbott will be knocking on doors and campaigning with U.S. Rep. Will Hurd (R-San Antonio) in Bexar Co. on Saturday.