Eight candidates filed for the August 31 special election to fill the unexpired state House term of U.S. Rep. Jake Ellzey (R-Waxahacie):
- Kevin Griffin (R), Midlothian rancher
- Brian Harrison (R), Midlothian former U.S. Health & Human Services official and former CD6 candidate
- Susan Hayslip (R), Waxahachie attorney
- Leland Wickliffe (R), Midlothian real estate agent and city council member
- Former Rep. John Wray (R-Waxahachie)
- Pierina Otiniano (D), Ennis immigration attorney
- Matt Savino (L), Seven Points IT specialist and two-time Libertarian nominee; and
- Scott Goodwin (I), Waxahachie executive.
Early voting begins August 23.
AG: Texas Eagle Forum’s Cathie Adams endorsed former Supreme Court Justice Eva Guzman (R) over Atty. Gen. Ken Paxton (R). Adams was an early endorser of Paxton during his 2014 race.
Subscribers can read the rest of this report.
©2021 Texas Election Source LLC