Mayor Sylvester Turner leads challenger Tony Buzbee, 56%-44%, in Harris Co. after early voting, and Fort Bend Co.’s precincts favor the incumbent, 92%-8%.
At-large incumbents Mike Knox (58%), David Robinson (61%) and Michael Kubosh (63%) all lead comfortably after early voting, and Dist. H incumbent Carla Cisneros has a narrow 53%-47% lead over challenger Isabel Longoria.
In the open seat races:
- AL4: Leticia Plummer leads 52%-48% in Harris Co., and Fort Bend Co. adds nearly 1,200 votes to her lead
- AL5: Sallie Alcorn leads 52%-48% in Harris Co., and Fort Bend Co. adds 500 votes to her lead
- Dist. A: Amy Peck leads 71%-29%
- Dist. C: Abbie Kamin leads 59%-41%
- Dist. D: Carolyn Evans-Shabazz leads 66%-34%
- Dist. F: Tiffany Thomas 54%-46%
- Dist. J: Edward Pollard leads 60%-40%
With the exception of the AL4 race, all of the leaders through early voting finished first in the November general election.
We are not covering this election live on our web site. We will send updated news later tonight depending on when the Harris Co. Clerk’s office makes Election Day results available. Results for the November general election were delayed until the next morning because of several issues relating to a perceived need to count all ballot boxes at one central location. If we do not have final results by our cedar fever-imposed deadline tonight, we will send out a Breaking News alert tomorrow morning with final numbers.
©2019 Texas Election Source LLC