Frontrunners cemented their statuses through superior campaign finance results, according to the candidates’ 8-day-out reports. Seven candidates raised at least $150K.
- $464K – Pete Flores (R) in SD24 open (Likely R)
- $225K – Sen. Donna Campbell (R-New Braunfels) in SD25 (Likely R)
- $224K – Kevin Sparks (R) in SD31 open (Safe R)
- $219K – Rep. Tan Parker (R-Flower Mound) in SD12 open (Likely R)
- $161K – Sen. Angela Paxton (R-McKinney) in SD8 (Likely R)
- $157K – Tim Reid (R), competitive in SD31, and
- $151K – Rep. Phil King (R-Weatherford) in SD10 (Likely R).
A couple of other frontrunners spent their way into a clear lead. Rep. Mayes Middleton (R-Wallisville) spent $1.3M, easily $1M more than his nearest rival, in SD11 open (Likely R). Morgan LaMantia (D) spent nearly $1.1M, nearly $1M more than her nearest rival, in SD27 open (Lean D).
To access this post you need a TX Elects Subscription.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE ACCESS NEWS & ANALYSIS
FOR JUST $19.99 A MONTH OR $199.99 A YEAR