A new Quinnipiac Poll shows President Trump leading six potential Democratic opponents. Trump’s numbers are very tight, suggesting his level of support, and opposition, is unmoved by any particular candidate:
- Trump 47%, Joe Biden 46%
- Trump 47%, Bernie Sanders 45%
- Trump 47%, Beto O’Rourke 46%
- Trump 46%, Julián Castro 41%
- Trump 48%, Kamala Harris 41%
- Trump 48%, Elizabeth Warren 41%
The top four of those races are within the poll’s ±3.4% margin of error.
The primary driver of Democratic support appears to be name recognition.
Subscribers can read the rest of this report.
©2019 Texas Election Source LLC