Some highlights from the 8-day-out campaign finance reports for statewide and Senate candidates:
- Abbott outspends Davis more than 2-to-1 for the period.
- Van de Putte narrowly out-raises Patrick, but Patrick outspends her.
- Rest of the Republican ticket spends very little.
- Republicans hold huge cash-on-hand advantages.
- $2.6 million flows into SD10 ($1.1M for Willis, $1.5M for Burton). The Mostyns and Texans for Lawsuit Reform both figure prominently.
- Boone reports large, likely erroneous amount of unitemized donations.
- Seliger’s report likely flips cash on hand and loan balances. Our Crib Sheet corrects what we suspect is a reporting error.