Former Rep. Chente Quintanilla (D-Tornillo) received $45K of in-kind contributions from the Texans for Education Reform PAC, representing almost 90% of the contributions he received for the period ending December 31, 2015. Major contributors to the Austin-based PAC, which reported having nearly $1.5 million on hand as of June 30, include:
- $500,000 from Houston homebuilder David Weekley
- $500,000 from Houston investor Doug Foshee
- $250,000 from Dallas executive Ray Hunt
- $250,000 from Houston Texans owner Bob McNair
- $250,000 from Houston developer Richard Weekley
- $200,000 from El Paso businessman Woody Hunt
- $100,000 from Dallas executive director Todd Williams
- $50,000 from Dallas investor Harlan Crow, and
- $50,000 from Dallas investor David Miller
Quintanilla also received a $2,500 contribution from Hunt. Quintanilla reported having $1,553 on hand.
To access this post you need a TX Elects Subscription.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE ACCESS NEWS & ANALYSIS
FOR JUST $19.99 A MONTH OR $199.99 A YEAR