SD24 open: A temporary injunction against releasing records related to a 9-1-1 call to Rep. Susan King’s (R-Abilene) house in October will remain in place until after the general election, ruled District Judge Lora Livingston. King sued AG Ken Paxton, whose office ruled last month that the city of Abilene must release the records, arguing the records should not be released. The records had been requested by local news media and at least two other parties.
Meanwhile, Texas Values Action endorsed Dawn Buckingham. The Texas Academy of Family Physicians endorsed Rep. Susan King (R-Abilene).
HD33 open: The Texas Health Care Assoc. endorsed Justin Holland.
HD73: Texas Values Action endorsed challenger Kyle Biedermann.
ED9 open: Texas Values Action endorsed Mary Lou Bruner.
Local: Texans for Fiscal Responsibility/Empower Texans issued a series of endorsements for D/FW-area uniform election races, including:
- Arlington: challenger Kelly Canon (P1) and Victoria Farrar-Myers (P7 open)
- Colleyville: challenger Richard Newton (mayor), challenger Tammy Nakamura (P1) and challenger Bobby Lindamood (P2)
- Denton: challenger Sara Bagheri (P6)
- DeSoto: challenger Marikay Dewberry (P5)
- Frisco: Eric Hall (P2 open) and Cindy Asche (P4 open)
- Highland Village: Daniel Jaworski (P4 open)
- Irving: challenger Loren Byers (P1) and challenger Tom Spink (AL2)
- Rowlett: Doug Phillips (P6 open); and
- Watauga: challenger Russell Clements (P1).
The group also endorsed seven candidates for school boards and three candidates for the Dallas County Community College District.
Rep. Rafael Anchia (D-Dallas) endorsed Claudia Sandoval for Cockrell Hill council Place 2, an open seat on the council.