In 2018, 222 federal and state offices will be on the ballot in Texas, including one U.S. senator and all 36 members of the U.S. House of Representatives, the Governor and 12 other statewide elected officials, 15 state senators, all 150 state representatives and seven members of the State Board of Education.
On this page, you’ll see lists of state and federal candidates who have taken some kind of official step toward challenging an incumbent officeholder or running for what is expected to be an open seat. To be listed here, we must determine that a candidate has:
- Filed formal paperwork establishing campaign committees
- Announced their intention to run, or scheduled a formal announcement
- Formed an exploratory committee
- Established a soclal media presence for the campaign; or
- Launched a crowdsourcing page to raise funds for a potential campaign.
The official filing period for candidates on the November 2018 ballot does not begin until November 11, 2017, so any challenger listed below has not officially filed for election to an office.
We have excluded rumored and “interested” candidates for whom we have not confirmed has taken any of these listed actions for a potential challenge.
This page is updated regularly.
Subscribers have access to these lists and the rest of our site. Subscribing is easy and costs less than $20 a month.